9 Month Old Development
Congratulations! Your baby has now been out as long as they were in. Your little one is an amateur explorer, crawling everywhere they can.
Here's What You Need To Know:
- Your baby is creeping and crawling around on their tummy.
- Your nine-month-old can use two hands to touch and play with toys.
- Your little one is working on their pincer grasp — grabbing at foods between their index finger and thumb.
- They are babbling a bunch, maybe even letting out a ‘mama’ or ‘dada’.
- They can now understand the word "no". (Use this to your benefit!)
- Your baby can turn their head to visually track objects.
As your baby explores solids, it may be tempting to offer them sugar filled foods. But what they eat today has far-reaching implications. Science shows that sweet tooths are made, not merely inherited. The flavors kids are exposed to in the first 1,000 days, from conception to age two, have a profound impact on what they will crave later in life. Therefore, it is important to feed them a broad array of healthy, real foods. The window is short. By their 3rd birthday, their dietary preferences are largely set. Stay the course and stay away from sugar!