10 Month Old Milestones
At the 10 month milestone mark, your baby’s pincer grasp is pincing. But what does that mean?
Here’s What You Need To Know:
- Your baby is mastering the pincer grasp.
- They are developing object control.
- Messy eating is really messy, but an important step in development.
- Your little one is interested in toys, but having a difficult time grabbing them.
- They are standing, stacking, and kicking things over!
- Your mini can bust into squats from a standing position.
- Your baby can move to only one nap per day.
Baby’s First Rubik’s Cube:
Physical challenges at this age help your baby’s entire brain develop. A study at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology found that as babies become more mobile and gain new skills, their brain activity significantly rises. The development of cognition, sensory and motor skills happen in tandem, so stimulating the whole body physically helps baby develop cognitively, as well.
So get out there, take your babe on a walk, play games with them, and read them books. Roll in the grass together and help them explore their environment, physically and through their senses.