Crispy Beet Chips Recipe
We hate throwing away rotten vegetables; food waste guilt is real. An easy way to never let your veggies go to waste is to turn them into chips.
Veggie chips are surprisingly simple to make. You just peel the vegetables, slice them using a mandoline, dry them, then pop them into the oven. And if you forget about them? Don’t worry. These chips can bake anywhere from 1-1.5 hours, depending on how crispy you like them. Get creative— it’s hard to go wrong here.
- 3-5 small beets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Begin by peeling your beets then thinly slice them on a mandolin.
- Lay out a couple paper towel pieces, then spread the beet slices on top, making sure not to overlap any of them.
- Sprinkle the beets with salt, and allow them to rest on the paper towels for about 30 minutes.
- Using a second layer of paper towels, dab the excess moisture off the beets.
- Transfer the beet slices to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The parchment paper is crucial for crisping up your chips.
- Sprinkle the beet slices with onion powder, garlic powder, or any seasonings you prefer.
- Bake for 1-1 1/2 hours (depending on how thin the beets were sliced / how crispy you like your chips) at 250F.
- Allow the chips to cool and enjoy!